David counsels clients on corporate and securities issues including mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, and securities regulations matters. He works within a range of industries, including health care, manufacturing, ecommerce, technology, retail and food. His practice involves private equity and venture capital transactions, corporate governance, corporate finance and health care transactions.
Prior to founding Empower Business Law, PLLC, David was an associate in the Corporate and Securities group at Bass, Berry & Sims, PLC, where he practiced in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, private equity transactions, capital markets, and Securities and Exchange Act reporting and compliance.
David earned his law degree from Vanderbilt Law School, where he was the Executive Editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, and earned a B.S. in finance from Florida State University.
David lives in Nashville with his wife, Annie, and their three young children. In their spare time, the Roberts enjoy spending time outdoors, playing music and traveling.
- Vanderbilt Law School - J.D., 2015
- Florida State University - B.S., 2006
+ RECOGNITION & PUBLICATIONS
- The Business Lawyer: Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulation, Volume 71, Number 3
- Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, Volume 48, Number 2, June 2015: “Agreement in Principle”
- Grace Wilson Sims Medal in Transnational Law
- Law and Business Certificate